The Home Buying Process – SC Homes & Land, LLC
- Choose your real estate agent. Select an experienced real estate professional who is a local expert in your market. You’ll want someone who will take the time to understand your home buying needs, and help you navigate the entire home buying process. SC Homes and Land is here to help you!
- Prepare for your mortgage pre-approval. Check your credit before you speak to a lender. This way, you can report any errors or fix problems before they affect your mortgage application. Get your credit history for free at www.annualcreditreport.com. You can obtain your credit score and find credit improvement tips at www.MyFico.com.
- List your South Carolina home priorities. What are the must-haves of your new home? List your preferred locations by city, school district and neighborhood. Decide the minimum number of bedrooms and baths. Are there certain amenities that you’re looking for in the home or the location? Think about those too! Your wish list may be limited by your budget, so focus on the priorities first.
- Begin your home search! The fastest way to find the ideal home, is to share your home criteria with SC Homes and Land! We have access to property information that goes beyond what is available to the public. We will provide you with the best matches to your criteria. After you choose your favorites, we will coordinate the viewing appointments and provide you with a guided tour of each home.
- Negotiations. When you find the right home, it’s time to write an offer! We can tell you whether or not the asking price is in line with neighborhood values, and help you write a compelling offer.
- Due Diligence. Once the home seller has accepted your offer, you have an active contract, and the clock is ticking towards closing! Promptly order your home inspection. If the inspection report turns up any problems, we will negotiate a solution with the home seller.
- The Closing. Prior to closing, you will receive a disclosure statement that identifies your transaction and financing costs.